This holiday season, we are thankful for many things. As homebuyers and sellers in this crazy market, it’s easy to lose sight of what you’re grateful for. That being said, I’d like to share three things that buyers and sellers can each be thankful for these days.
First, here’s what buyers should be thankful for:
1. Low interest rates. Regardless of what type of loan you’ egetting, money is cheap these days. This allows you to afford more home for your dollar.
2. Move-in-ready homes. A lot of properties out there are move-in ready, which is much better than having to buy a home that needs a lot of work.
3. Healthy appreciation. Although we can’t predict how long this will last, we’re still seeing a very strong appreciation rate for residential homes. Even if you pay more than you want to right now, you’ll likely start seeing that equity in your house rise in this environment.
As a home seller, you can be thankful for:
1. A quick sale. You don’t have to wait in this market. Most homes are selling very quickly these days.
2. Receiving asking price (or more). In this market, sellers are selling for at least their list price. Often, they’re selling for more.
3. Healthy appreciation. This is good for sellers, too. If you bought a home in the last few years, your home has gone up in value significantly.
We don’t know how long this will last, but we can be thankful for it while it’s here. We’re also thankful for all of your support over the years for our team as our small business has grown. If you have any questions for us about buying or selling a home, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email. We look forward to hearing from you.